Friday, November 2, 2007

16 days


I'm overwhelmed. Why the "to-do" lists are getting bigger and bigger despite the checking off items daily??? I'm so glad to be able to check with my online friends to make sure I haven't missed anything! Thank you, Tami, for reminding me about the snowplow service (actually you were talking about winterizing, and it triggered my snowplow item :)

So where am I with the lists?

- Call the bank to order the new money. Check.
- Call the credit card company to make sure the card will work in Ukraine. Check.
- Buy money belts and international adapters. Check.
- Sign the Power of Attorney document/Medial Release form. Check.
- Talk to the school district about Raisa's placement. Check.
- Buy furniture for Raisa's bedroom. Check.
- Let Victoria's teachers know we'll be out of country. Check.
- Print out the embassy forms and other paperwork to take with us. Check.
- Write a list of emergency phone numbers and all Victoria's activities for my Mom. Check.

What else is on the list? The big items still need to be checked off are:

- Order snowplowing service
- Schedule Internet Bill Payments until the end of December
- Choose and print out pictures for the photoalbum

Plus I have a thousand smaller items to check off :)

So as you can see, I'm stressed out. But I put off all lists to take Victoria trick-or-treating. I'm biased of course, but I think she was the most adorable ice princess ever :)









11 comments:

Gledwood said...

She looks like a little princess!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Oh, she is adorable! Don't worry about the lists too much - the important stuff will get taken care of, and if you miss anything that it just wasn't that important!

On my list for this weekend?? Breathe. Deep breaths.

Tami said...

Glad to be of service! ;) Don't worry too much about the list. I'm coming to terms with the fact that if it doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. I'm getting the 'have to' stuff done...anything else will just have to wait! :) You'll be fine!
And it's not just you...your daughter is beautiful! :)

Melissa E. said...

Victoria looks so lovely! I know my girls would have been impressed by her costume!

Just over two weeks! Wow! Amazing. Unfortunately for you, You are going on this extended "vacation" but you don't get to enjoy tropical weather! You're going from snow to more snow!
Oh well!

Just over a month for us! No snow plow service to worry about here! But I do need to go and buy some snow boots. I haven't had any since I moved from NY!

Jim H. said...

Hi Natale. Spasibo za pozdravlenie.
Ya nadeys mi skoro uvidem in your blog Raisu.

Good luck.

Anastasia Hale.

Mike & Tara said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

It's so funny - as I just made a blog entry about lists...then went to ready what everyone else is up to - and found your entry about lists! :o) Guess we've got a common stress-theme going! :o) We'll get through the lists eventually - I hope.

junglemama said...

Thanks for the checklist. I'll have to definitely look back on it when it is our turn. :)

Kathy and Matt said...

I can completely relate to the growing lists. You'll get them done!
Victoria looks beautiful. My Sarah wanted to be something scary, but I was able to convince her to be an angel because of the beautiful long dress. I figure I only have a few years to have some level of control over the costumes, and I want my 4 (nearly 5) year old to be cute, not scary! LOL
16 days, wow, time will go fast. I'm excited for you.

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, Victoria is beautiful as an ice princess! Wow!

Many wishes for you to get your lists all done very soon so there's no stress. I know, I know--how could there be no stress?!

Kelly said...

She is adorable, just like her mom!

Don't sweat the lists - it sounds like you're doing great to me!!!!! I can't wait to read your posts from Odessa, to hear how Raisa is responding to everything and to see her photo! - Kelly

MoscowMom said...

Oy, kakaya ona horoshinkaya! I can't wait to see equally beautiful pictures of Victoria alongside her sister!

Good luck getting it all done!!!

:-)