Friday, January 18, 2008

Vacation Day

After two 10-hour grueling days I decided to relax today. I played a tourist for a little bit, went to some places I didn't have a chance to visit last time, did some shopping, etc. And I walked in my flat warm ugly comfortable boots :) I couldn't wear my favorite 3-inch sensible heel boots after yesterday's blisters! Though I walked in them for 3 weeks last time and didn't have any problems, so I'm not sure what's different now :) And this time I left my 5-inch stiletto heel boots home :)

I made a lot of pictures today, but I can't post them because I forgot my USB cable at home! I'm going to stop at one of the photo stores tomorrow and see if they let me borrow a cable for a reasonable price.

Then it was a lunch time. Do you know who I had lunch with? I had lunch with my blogging friend Tami!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? We "met" online several months ago at approximately the same stage of the process. We waited together for our dossier to be submitted. Then we waited for the SDA appointment date. Then we waited for the actual appointment. Then both of us ended up going for 2 trips. And finally we've met!!! It was so good to be able to finally connect in person half way around the world! Hopefully we'll be able to meet again before Raisa and I leave for Kiev.

On Monday we'll be calling the Passport Office to find out when to expect the passport to be ready. We also have one more issue to take care of before we can leave Odessa, but I hope it will be resolved soon.

In the meantime Raya and I are concentrating on spending time together, having fun and learning English! She's eager to learn, and she's making a good progress! She'll be speaking English in no time!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations! How lovely! I am so glad to read about everything going well for you.

Tina in CT said...

It must have felt like meeting up with an old friend for both you and Tami with all you both have been through on your adoption road. So wonderful that you both were in the same city at the same time. I get there were warm hugs and tears of joy between you two.

junglemama said...

How awesome! I bet that was nice and very comforting to have a nice English conversation with a fellow adoptive parent. :) Hope the lunch was good.

kate said...

i bet that was a great lunch! glad to hear you were able to relax and enjoy your day.

adoptedthree said...

That is awesome that you and Tami had lunch! Glad things are moving along for you and Raisa.

Rachael said...

Ah, the shoe question -- answered! :)

Glad you're having a nice relaxing time while you wait!

Unknown said...

Hi everybody.

Its so exited. I think she will able speak English very soon. And she will speak on two languages. Its so cool. But it will be a little bit hard. Its hard for me sometimes.

So I hope you'll home very soon.

Anonymous said...

Those ten hour days are quite something!! Glad you got to spend some time being "touristy".

Have fun! You'll be home again before you know it!

Mike & Tara said...

I meant to email you about this before and only just remembered. We had a problem getting our court decree apostilled as there is apparently a new procedure where the judge needs to sign the stamp at the end of the decree. Our facilitator had to go all the way back to Schniznoe to get the judge to sign it so we could get it apostilled. Our facilitator told us this is a new process and UA has a book with all the judge's signatures so that they can compare the signatures to any court decree. Just wanted to let you know as it caught out us and our facilitator (and the judge who had never heard of this either).

I'm going to post this to Tami's blog as well so she knows.

Good luck!!!