Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Mother’s Day with Rachel!

Ukraine doesn’t celebrate Mother’s Day. Instead, they celebrate a Women’s Day, which is great in my opinion – it’s a holiday for all women, and you don’t have to be a Mother to enjoy the gifts and attention. But here in the States we embraced the Mother’s Day, and of course, it’s one of my favorite holidays. Not only it was a first Mother’s Day for Rachel, but also, as my blogging friend Tina said, it was a very first Mother’s Day for me as a mother of 3 kids (I still can’t believe I have three)!

About a month ago Rachel started giving me some hints about a special gift for me :) Something like this: “Mama, I’m making something for you, but I won’t tell you.” It was very cute! Then the last week or so both girls were very mysterious and tried to cover their art projects when I was nearby :) And finally on Mother’s Day I’ve got gifts from all 3 kids, and it was a VERY special day.

Then went to see the first major festival of the season in Rochester area – Lilac Festival.


The girls had a lot of fun – they explored beautiful lilac bushes, climbed trees, had fun on the rides, ate ice cream, and of course had a photosession. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nataliya,
Diana was hinting also, the past couple of months at something she made for me. She actually made it for Women's Day, but when she found out about Mother's Day she waited until then to give it to me. It does feel so nice to have such a thoughtful daughter!
Kelly

Tina in CT said...

How special for Rachel to have a mom to recognize.

Stefanie and Bill said...

Great photos Nataliya. Isn't the weather just great?

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Your girls are beautiful, as always!

I got your email, just haven't had a chance to write back. Glad you got the package I sent!

Happy Mom's Day... times three!

Tami said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! The pictures are beautiful...as always. l)

junglemama said...

Happy Mother's Day! I took pictures of my girls in blossoming trees too before. :)

Hannah said...

What pretty pictures! Our lilacs have just ended but I was married the 25th of May in NY and remember that we had lilacs on the rehearsal dinner tables.

I just bought two tiny bushes and one of them had a bloom this year which doubled the size of my little plant!

I bet that your day in the lilacs smelled wonderful!

I am glad that your first Mother's Day with 3 children was so wonderful and I am so glad for Rachel that her first Mother's Day was with such a wonderful Mama!

Melissa E. said...

Oops! I'm purple princess! I din't realize my daughter was signed in instead of me!

Kathy and Matt said...

Love the photos of the girls with the flowers!

Hope your mother's day was great!

Jim H. said...

How wonderful! Someone is a darned good photog in your family.

Mother's Day was a total bust in our family.

I think our girls just didn't "get it."

Annie said...

Love those lilacs!