Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Adoption blogs

As a PAP (acronym for prospective adoptive parents) I spend a lot of time reading adoption blogs of people who already completed their adoption, are in Ukraine now or still in the paperwork stage. It helps me to find a lot of valuable information, get answers to many questions and prepare for our own upcoming trip to Ukraine. Some blogs are quite entertaining as their authors have natural writing talent, some just describe the facts, I love to read them all. But there is one blog, which just took my heart.

Jim and Dana Hale are in Odessa now adopting their two beautiful teenage daughters. Somehow they were able to capture the essense of Odessa and its people in their blog - not only it reads like a book, but it's also written from the bottom of their hearts. They talk about my hometown with such love, you would never guess they weren't born there :) Thank you very much from the native "odessit" for letting the world know about Odessa - The Pearl Of The Black Sea.

4 comments:

Jim H. said...

We've been here for three weeks and don't want to go home! I've never hung out in a more soulful city.

Dana and I pray that Raisa's adoption will proceed quickly!!!

Keep the faith

Anonymous said...

very cool natalyia, thanks for keeping your "sisters" updated!

The O'Haras said...

I agree that the Hale's have done an excellent job in communicating the people and feel of Odessa. He is an excellent journalist. Nataliya, email me at our gmail account and we can stay in touch that way. Patience. In His timing.

Sean.

kate said...

I visited Ukraine in 2000. I loved Kyiv and enjoyed visiting friend in some tiny little villages, but Odessa simply stole my heart. I'd move back there in an instant. I wish they'd open an international school there...