Thursday, April 26, 2007

Paperwork - continued

After I overnighted all documents to Albany on Tuesday, I thought I'll get them back in a couple of days since I included pre-paid envelope for overnight services. In the reality, it takes 2-4 business days to process them. When we drove to Albany to put the apostilles on the original set of documents, it took 15 minutes to get the apostilles. Apparently, when you send it by mail, the timing is different. We were hoping to send the dossier to Ukraine with very good friends of ours who are going to Kiev this coming Sunday. But if we don't get the paperwork by then, we'll just send it by FedEx.

I'm also waiting for another document. As I mentioned in the previous post, NY state refers to all licenses as "Registration Certificates", and it's not very clear to SDA. So, in addition of getting a separate notarized copy of my social worker's "Registration Certificate", aka "License", I requested a separate letter from the Office of the Profession from the NYS Department of Education. This letter will state that she's indeed licensed in the NY State.

If everything works as expected, our facilitator hopes to submit our dossier at the end of May. Then we'll wait until SDA processes it (takes about about 6 weeks), and gets us an appointment date, approximately in August/September.

No comments: